As per the statistical report of Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS), there were around 2460 fatal accident cases recorded during 1992-2015 in Indian coal mines in which 2990 miners died and 446 miners were injured.
The major causes of disasters in Indian Underground coal mines during 1901-2007 were roof fall (57%), side fall (10%), explosion (16%), inundation (14%) and fire/gas (3%) excluding other causes of mine hazards.
There is an urgent need for deploying an intelligent system by integrating sensors, wireless network and Artificial Intelligence for real-time monitoring and prediction of underground mine parameters, to ensure maximum safety and sustainability.
Knowledge Lens has been recognized & authorized by the Central Institute Of Mining & Fuel Research, Dhanbad to implement a Digital Mine driven by software technology. We signed this MoU for technology transfer at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of CSIR-CIMFR.
Manage Equipment, Track Machine Health and Create Automated Production Cycles.
Here’s a brief overview of our Digital Mining capabilities powered by Digital technologies:
- Structured performance review procedures for efficient shift management.
- Secured Monitoring of Plant premises and/or Corporate HQ.
- Live Enterprise Dashboards depicting Employee Attendance, Training Records & Rescue Records.
- Facial Recognition of employees across the mine.
- Determine Fire Status and Explosibility in sealed off areas in mines.
- Real-time capture of environmental parameters such as Humidity, Temperature and Air Velocity.
- Data acquisition and presentation in various formats inclusive of a 3-D Map View of the mine.
- Record and display of real-time data of different gases in mines.
Predictive Analytics for Fire and Explosibility:
- Hazardous Gases (CH4, CO2, CO, O2 and H2 ) Detection and Monitoring solution for occupational safety and health management.
- Position sensors & condition sensing sensors for gas detection and air quality monitoring installed in tunnels for prevention of hazardous gas leak.
- Continuous monitoring system to evaluate air quality, along with predictive analytics on gas concentration, fire and explosibility.
- Sensor values are checked against a set of threshold values, following which three levels of audio-visual warning signals with SMS/email, and reports are carried out.
- Predictive mechanism of roof fall by monitoring the condition of strata parameters covering load of roof at a particular point, convergence of roof, bed separation, and stress on pillars.
- Definition of warning limits of various parameters to draw out ‘dos and don’ts’ of operations for safe withdrawal of men and equipment from vulnerable zones.
- Identification of vulnerable zones/places of load concentration based on data collected periodically.
Slope/ Landslide Monitoring:
- Real-time monitoring, prediction, warning system developed using indigenous sensors such as Rainfall, Extensometer (Crackometer), Inplace inclinometer, Tiltmeter, Piezometer, etc.
- Continuous Live-feed of real-time data on slopes across the mines in a 3-D map view of the mine.
- Remote Management of Slope sensor devices calibration.
Intelligent Miner Tracking:
- Uses a single Wi-Fi network for transferring sensor data, voice and video from different locations of underground mine to a remote-control room at surface.
- Portable wireless communication device supports full duplex communication, which allows both miners to speak and listen simultaneously using a common WLAN network (2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac).
- IP-based communication devices used to communicate with miner(s) when broadcasting is required.
- Real-time location view of the miner on a 3-D model of the underground mine created by geo-referencing and mesh model.
- Centralized maintenance of data on approval/license/suspension/ cancellation/accident investigations.
- Highly transparent and accountable system with online availability of records, application status & submission details.
- Accident and statistics management integrated with various regulatory bodies of the Government of India.
- Timely alerts and notifications to submit various monthly, quarterly and annual reports of Coal, Metal, Oil, Explosives to DGMS , PESO and other regulatory bodies.
- Increased visibility of inventory across all mines enabling optimum level of inventory and avoiding dead stock of similar items across the mines.
- Proper utilization of material, avoiding product overstock, out-of-stock situations and minimizing inventory cost.
- Notification alerts via SMS/e-mail for respective store admins to distribute required products, enabling optimum inventory utilization.
- Demand forecasting through various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Production and dispatch monitoring using weighbridge, weight meter, on-board weighing system, etc.
- RFID enabled tub/truck/tipper/dumper to track location and products running in each line, and record critical parameters.
- Monitoring and control of waste material.
- Provision for manual entry of production/dispatch using various methods like Tub Count, Rail/ Belt, Conveyor, Truck, etc.
- Various dashboards and reports on Production & Dispatch.
- Surveillance using wireless camera.
- Advanced Data Analytics by integrating existing silo Industrial Control Systems and Enterprise Systems and providing unlimited Data Historian.
- Advanced analytical features (Data Science/ML) and business logic to determine performance data with respect to machine status to improve quality & reduction in losses.
- Unified Industry 4.0 Analytical platform to handle real-time streaming data, optimized storage, compute and scalability with reduced TCO.
- Unlimited Historian to store large volumes of data for longer duration to perform advanced analytics.
- Hourly monitoring of micro-climatic parameters: (i) Wind speed, (ii) Wind direction, (iii) Temperature, (iv) Rainfall, and (v) Humidity.
- Monitoring of: (i) PM10, (ii) PM2.5, (iii) SO2 (iv) NOx, and (v) CO.
- Generation of monthly, seasonal and annual average reports.
- Wind rose diagram and frequency distribution report.
- Monitoring & analysis of environmental conditions that affect energy generation & consumption.
- Reduce operational costs.
- Automate operations and workflows.
- Ensure a safe, sustainable and reliable workspace.
- Monitor operational assets in real-time.
- Ensure long-term maintenance of critical assets.
- Ensure absolute data security.